Last updated: 08/11/2023
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd collects and uses about individuals who visit our website (https://www.blindsbytuiss.co.nz) and/or mobile app(s) (each a "Digital Property" and, collectively, the "Digital Properties"), create an account with us, buy products or services from us, complete a form on one of our Digital Properties, register for our promotions, request a brochure or appointment, and/or join our marketing lists (collectively, the "Services"). It describes how we collect, use, and protect personal information, as well as your rights with respect to your personal information.
About Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd
Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd is an ecommerce do-it-yourself ("DIY") window furnishing business. Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd is part of Hunter Douglas, the world's leading manufacturer of window coverings. If you have a question or concern about our use of your personal information, please let us know using the contact details below.
To get in touch, email: email@example.com
Or write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Tuiss Blinds Online
60 Highbrook Drive,
To access a specific section of this Privacy Notice, please click on the relevant link below. Otherwise, please continue reading if you wish to review this Privacy Notice in full.
Collection of Information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
1. Information you provide voluntarily
You may choose to provide us with personal information when you use one of our Digital Property or Services. The types of personal information you may provide voluntarily include:
- Identity data: This is personal information you provide to create or maintain an account with Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd, such as your name, title, role, email, phone number, shipping address, billing address, and user preferences, and, if applicable, details of your organisation.
- Payment data: This is personal information you provide to purchase Services through a Digital Property or by contacting us directly. We will collect information about the Services purchased, the payment amount, payment method, date of purchase, and your purchase history.
- Communications data: This is personal information relating to any correspondence you send us (for example, questions you submit about a Digital Property or our Services). We will collect information such as the communication type, content, subject, sender, recipient, and date.
2. Information we collect automatically
When you visit one of our Digital Properties or use our Services, we may collect some personal information automatically. The types of personal information we may collect automatically include:
- Device data: This is personal information relating to your visits to a Digital Property and your use of our Services from your computer or other device (e.g., mobile devices), such as your IP address, approximate geographical location (e.g., country / city-level), browser type, internet service provider, resources viewed (e.g., Digital Property pages), operating system, length of visit, and referring website addresses.
We may collect this personal information using cookies (and similar technologies). For more information about our cookies (and similar technologies), please see our Cookie Notice at https://www.blindsbytuiss.co.nz/cookies.
3. Information we collect from third-party sources
In some cases, we may collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including business partners, event organisers, and professional networking sites. In general, the personal information we collect from these third parties will be identity data (i.e., as described above under the sub-heading "Information you provide voluntarily").
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following reasons:
- To provide the Digital Properties and the Services to you: We will use your personal information to provide one of our Digital Properties and the Services to you, including to process the orders we receive, to fulfil our deliveries and installations, to manage online reviews of our Services, to manage the security of our Digital Properties and Services (including to prevent fraud), to understand customer satisfaction with our Digital Properties and Services and improve our efficiency and service levels, and to manage after-sale services. The types of information we use for this purpose are identity data, payments data, and communications data, as described above.
- To generate analytics: We will use your personal information to generate analytics for the purpose of better understanding how our visitors and customers use our Digital Properties and Services, so that we may continually improve our offering. The types of information we use for this purpose are identity data and device data, as described above.
- To send service or support-related communications: We will use your personal information to send service or support-related communications to you (e.g., confirming orders you have placed with us, updating you about the status of a delivery, or about updating your account details) and to respond to any customer inquiries you raise. The types of information we use for this purpose are identity data, payments data, communications data, and device data, as described above.
- To deliver advertising and send marketing: We may use your personal information to send you market surveys, news, offers, and other marketing communications, as well as to provide you with a personalised shopping experience on our Digital Properties and to provide you with online advertising (which may be on our Digital Properties or on third-party digital properties). The types of information we use for this purpose are identity data, payments data, and device data, as described above.
- To comply with legal requirements: We will use your personal information to comply with the laws and regulations to which we are subject (e.g., legal requirements to report to tax authorities or similar).
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies: We may share your personal information with other Hunter Douglas group companies when this is necessary for the purposes described above. Hunter Douglas group companies will at all times protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Hunter Douglas group companies can be found at https://www.hunterdouglasgroup.com/worldwide-offices/.
- To our service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers who provide services related to our Digital Properties and the Services (e.g., hosting providers, marketing providers, payment providers, IT providers, delivery partners, insurers, and professional advisers).
- To competent authorities: We may use and disclose your personal information when we believe it is necessary to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims, to protect the vital interests of any person, or to comply with an order or request from any competent court, regulator, law enforcement agency, or government authority.
- To a potential buyer: We may disclose your personal information to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase of any part of our business. We will inform the buyer to use your personal information only for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- To any other third party: We will only transfer your personal information to other third parties with your consent or when we are required or permitted by law to do so.
Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd is located in Australia, but we, other Hunter Douglas group companies, and our service providers operate in various countries around the world. For these reasons, when you visit our Digital Properties or use our Services, your personal information may be transferred to countries other than the country in which you reside. Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd will take all necessary measures to ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and that any such transfers are lawful.
Some countries may have specific requirements that apply when we transfer personal information internationally. When this is the case, the requirements that apply and measures we take to comply with those requirements (as applicable) are described further under the relevant "Additional Information" heading below.
Data protection laws give individuals rights with respect to the collection and use of their personal information. Depending on the laws that apply in your country and to which we are subject, these may include the ability for you:
- to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or portability of personal information that we process about you;
- to request that we restrict processing, or to object to our processing, of personal information about you;
- to opt out of marketing communications that we may send you (even if you previously consented to receive these) by, e.g., replying to any SMS message following the instructions contained in the message; and
- to not be subject to wholly automated decisions if these have legal effects on you or similarly significantly affect you.
You can opt out or unsubscribe from receiving SMS/MMS text messages by responding STOP to any message you receive in our text messaging program, or just texting STOP to the number from which you currently are receiving our text messages. In either case, you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed.
Please contact us using the details provided in this Privacy Notice if you wish to exercise any of these rights. We will fulfil any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In addition, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority about our use of your personal information. However, while you are not required to do so, we ask that you contact us first to give us the opportunity to address your concerns directly before speaking with your data protection authority.
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (e.g., to provide you with the Digital Properties or the Services, or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing need to use your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (e.g., because your personal information is stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Neither our Digital Properties nor our Services are intended for or advertised to person/s under the age of 18. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about person/s under 18.
If you believe that we have collected information about a person under 18, please contact us using the details provided above so that we may delete the information.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law.
To see when this Privacy Notice was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section at the outset of this Privacy Notice.
Additional Information for Individuals in the EEA/UK
If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or UK, then please note the following additional information:
1. Data controller
The data controller of your personal information is Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd. You can contact Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd using the details provided above.
2. EEA/UK representatives
Blindsonline.com.au PTD Ltd's representative in the EEA is Matthew Walsh.
3. Legal basis
We will ordinarily collect and use your personal information only when (i) we have your consent (which will be apparent from the context, because we will ask for you consent when you provide your personal information); (ii) it is necessary to perform a contract with you (e.g., we must process your payments data in order to fulfil an order you place with us), in which case failing to provide the relevant personal information will make it impossible for us to fulfil our contract with you; (iii) the use is within our legitimate interests and not adverse to your rights and freedoms (e.g., to send you marketing communications, provided this is consistent with your communications preferences); or (iv) it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
As we may rely on different legal bases for each of the different categories of personal information we process and the purposes for which we process them, please contact us if you would like further information about the specific legal basis relied upon in any particular context.
4. International transfers
If Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd transfers your personal information to a country outside of the EEA (for EEA residents) or the UK (for UK residents), it will ensure that any such transfers are compliant with EU and UK data protection law, as applicable.
In practice, this means that Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd will only transfer your personal information to a non-EEA or non-UK recipient when: (i) the recipient is located in a country that the European Commission has decided is adequate to receive personal information from the EEA, or the UK Secretary of State has decided is adequate to receive personal information from the UK, as applicable; (ii) the recipient has signed appropriate contractual terms with Blindsonline.com.au PTY Ltd that incorporate the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses or the UK Information Commissioner's International Data Transfer Agreement or International Data Transfer Addendum, as applicable; or (iii) a data transfer derogation applies (e.g., when you have consented to the transfer of your personal information).
If you have further questions about our international data transfers and the specific measures we use in any case, please contact us for additional information.